Creamy Tomato Pasta Sauce with Hidden Veggies
Kids love sauce. Always have jars of different sauces on hand. It's also a really easy way to hide vegetables. Pasta sauce can be blended with different types of veggies. (Sauce can also be used as a dip—kids love dipping.)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ medium yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 2 bell peppers, roughly chopped
- 1 lb. tomatoes whole ( 2-3 medium sized tomatoes)
- 1 Zucchini , cut into round coin shaped pieces
- 4–5 large carrots, cut into round coined shaped pieces
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp Italian seasonings
- ½ tsp sea salt, plus more to taste
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- ½ cup Heavy Cream or Coconut Milk
- Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees. Begin by chopping all of the veggies and spread them evenly on a large sheet pan.
- Add Spices (Italian seasonings, salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes) and drizzle with olive oil
- Place in the oven for 45 minutes. Check periodically to make sure garlic isn’t burning. If you see garlic is burning, remove and set aside.
- Remove tray from oven and spoon veggies into your Vitamix or high speed blender
- Add tomato paste and heavy cream and blend until smooth
- Pour sauce into a pot and add cooked pasta.
Bake With Me Banana Oatmeal Muffins
It's certainly easier (and less time-consuming) to make the recipe yourself, but taking those little moments to get them involved [in the cooking] or to introduce a new food or spice can go a long way.
- 1 ½ Cups Oatmeal (old fashioned oats)
- 1 ¼ Cups Flour ( Can substitute Gluten Free Flour)
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 Bananas Mashed
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Small Pinch Nutmeg
- 2 whole eggs
- ¼ cup neutral oil, ghee or butter
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- In a large bowl mix oatmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and sugar together.
- In a smaller bowl mix both eggs, oil and vanilla. Add to dry ingredients and stir.
- Stir in mashed bananas
- Divide into 12 sprayed or paper lined muffin tins.
- Bake at 375 for 18-20 minutes
- Enjoy! These are perfect for breakfast with yogurt + fruit or as a high fiber playground snack!